Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are the runs? We are closed from 12/17/16 - 3/1/17. In March we run Saturdays @ 8:30am. From 4/1/17 - 10/31/17, we run Fridays @ 2:30 pm, Saturdays @ 8:30 am & Sundays @ 8:30am. From 11/1/17 - 12/16/17, we run Saturdays @ 8:30am.
2. Where does the run start? We meet on Boston Common at the corner of Park St & Tremont St [details]. Arrive at least 15 minutes before the run start time.
3. How long is the run? The run is 5 kilometers (just over 3 miles). We stop 16 times (4-5 minutes at each historical site). The entire tour takes exactly two hours.
4. What should I bring? You don't need to print your ticket, your name will be on our guest list when you arrive. Come dressed for the weather and ready to run (we don't have lockers or storage). Bring a few extra dollars in case you want to tip the guides.
5. Will you be running on a particular date? I don't see it listed. We run every weekend from March to mid-December. We typically open registration three months in advance. If you don't see your date posted yet, please check back!
6. How do I arrange a private run? We offer weekday private runs from 3/1 - 12/15 at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Email us at "firstname.lastname@example.org" to check our availability. All runners on private runs need to maintain at least a 10-12min pace in order to complete the course in the allotted two hours.
7. How much does a private run cost? Private runs cost a little more because we run with just you. The price varies according to the size of your group. 1 runner = $150, 2 runners = $75/pp, 3-5 runners = $50/pp, 6+ runners = $40/pp.
8. I live outside the US and I'm having issues trying to sign up! Square only accepts payment from US residents. Email 'email@example.com' and we'll email an invoice that you can pay online.
9. How long does the run take? The entire tour takes two hours (i.e. we get off the ferry two hours after we start). If you sign-up for a run that start @ 8:30a, you'll be done @ exactly 10:30a.
10. Can walkers sign-up? This is a running tour, so you'll need to be able to keep-up with the group to hear the guides. We run at a relaxed pace (typically 9-10 min/mi.) and re-group at each stop, so runners of all abilities can usually participate. We stop 16 times along the course. If you've done some running recently, you can do this!
11. Can kids run? Can we run with a stroller? Children of any age are welcome to run with their parents. Strollers are welcome. Kids pay the same price as adults if they run. Kids in strollers are free.[SUMMER ALERT! We highly recommend NOT running with a stroller on Friday afternoons due to pedestrian traffic in downtown Boston! Please join us on Saturday or Sunday.]
12. How soon do I need to sign-up? We have a limited amount of space on each run. If space is available, we keep registration open until one hour before each run.
13. How do I sign up multiple runners? Add to Basket > Go to Basket > Change Quantity > Checkout
14. What's the longest distance we run without stopping? The longest leg is from the Copp's Hill Burying Ground in the North End to City Square in Charlestown - .5 Mile.
15. Do you have bag storage? We don't have bag storage, so come dressed to run! Our guides usually wear backpacks and may have room to carry small items (keys, phones) - ask during check-in. If you're planning to run with us on a Friday, check out the BAA/Adidas Runbase on Boylston St. They open @ 10:00 am and have free lockers & showers.
16. What happens if it rains? All runs are held rain/snow or shine! If conditions are not to your liking, we'd be happy to reschedule you to another scheduled runs. Email us to check available dates.