Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are the runs? We run Fri's @ 2:30 pm, Sat's @ 8:30 am & Sun's @ 8:30am. From 11/1 - 12/31, we only run Sat's @ 8:30 am.
2. Where's the start? We meet on Boston Common at the corner of Park St & Tremont St [details]. Arrive at least 15 minutes early to check in.
3. How long is the run? The run is 5 kilometers (just over 3 miles). We stop 16 times (4-5 minutes at each historical site). The entire tour takes 2 hours.
4. What should I bring? You don't need to print your ticket, your name will be on our guest list when you arrive. Come dressed for the weather and ready to run (we don't have lockers or storage). Bring a few extra dollars in case you want to tip the guides.
5. How do I arrange a private run? We typically offer weekday private runs at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm (we're willing to run other times too). Email "email@example.com" to check availability. All runners on private runs still need to maintain at least a 10-12min pace in order to complete the course in the allotted two hours.
6. How much does a private run cost? Private runs cost a little more because we run with just you. The price varies according to the size of your group. 1 runner = $150, 2 runners = $75/pp, 3-5 runners = $50/pp, 6+ runners = $40/pp.
7. How long does the run take? The entire tour takes two hours (i.e. we get off the ferry two hours after we start). If you sign-up for a run that start @ 8:30a, you'll be done @ exactly 10:30a. #FTRprecision
8. Can walkers sign-up? This is a running tour, so you'll need to be able to keep-up with the group to hear the guides. We run at a relaxed pace (typically 9-10 min/mi.) and re-group at each stop, so runners of all abilities can usually participate. We stop 16 times along the course. If you've done some running recently, you can do this!
9. Can kids run? Can we run with a stroller? Children of any age are welcome to run with their parents. Kids in strollers are free. [SUMMER ALERT! We highly recommend NOT running with a stroller on Friday afternoons due to pedestrian traffic in downtown Boston! Please join us on Saturday or Sunday.]
12. What's the longest distance we run without stopping? The longest leg is from the Copp's Hill Burying Ground in the North End to City Square in Charlestown which is 1/2 a mile.
13. What happens if it rains? All runs are held rain/snow or shine! If conditions are not to your liking, we'd be happy to reschedule you to another run. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to re-book.