Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are the runs? We run Saturday @ 8:30a from March to October.
2. Where do the runs start? We meet on Boston Common at the corner of Park St & Tremont St [meeting location details]. Arrive at least 15 minutes early to check in.
3. How long is the run? We run a 5k course (3.11 miles).
4. What should I bring? Is there a bag check? You don't need to print your ticket, your name will be on our guest list when you arrive. Come dressed for the weather and ready to run. We don't have lockers or storage. Bring a few extra dollars in case you want to tip the guides.
5. How long does the run take? The entire tour takes two hours (i.e. we get off the ferry two hours after we start). If you sign-up for a run that start @ 8:30a, you'll be done @ exactly 10:30a.
6. How long is the run? The entire tour takes 2 hours. Here's the breakdown: the running part takes 1.5 hours (we run a 5k course and stop for 4-5 minutes at 16 historical sites), then we stop for drinks at the end of the run (15 mins) then we ride the ferry back to downtown Boston (15 mins).
7. Can walkers sign-up? This is a running tour, so you'll need to be able to comfortably run 3 miles in order to keep up with the group and hear the guides. We run at a relaxed pace (typically 9-10 min/mi.) and re-group 16 times along the way, so no one gets left behind. If you've done 'some' running recently you can definitely do our run!
8. Can kids run? Can we run with a stroller? Children of any age are welcome to run with their parents. Kids in strollers are free.
9. What's the longest distance we run without stopping? The longest leg is from the Copp's Hill Burying Ground in the North End to City Square in Charlestown which is 1/2 a mile.
10. What happens if it rains? We still run. All runs are held rain/snow or shine! If conditions are not to your liking, we'd be happy to reschedule you to another run if you contact us at least two hours before the scheduled start. Email email@example.com to re-book.